(UPDATED MAY 23, 2018)
Your Privacy is Important to Cirrus Aircraft UK.
Cirrus Aircraft UK is committed to maintaining a high standard of data privacy in accordance with your data protection rights under applicable law. The personal information you provide to Cirrus Aircraft UK helps us better serve you and enhances the Cirrus Life experience. The protection and proper use of the personal information you entrust to us is a responsibility we take seriously. Cirrus Aircraft utilizes a variety of security measures, including firewalls, threat detection, encryption, and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain security, integrity and availability of your personal information.
For individuals residing in the European Union (“EU”), the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is effective on May 25, 2018 and expands the privacy rights of EU individuals.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Cirrus Aircraft Collect?
The following types of personal information may be collected:
- Contact details – name, address, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Website and communication usage – your activity on our websites and portals, as well as your interaction with our advertising and other communications
- Sales information – information relating to your purchases and services
- Aircraft details – maintenance history, warranty, and other information relating to your aircraft
- Flight training information – information about your flight training history and records as well as your pilot’s training information
- Financial information – if you apply for financing or insurance through Cirrus and submit the requested information to us
How Does Cirrus Aircraft Collect Your Personal Information?
Cirrus Aircraft may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register on our website, portals, or otherwise provide your opt-in consent to receive marketing and sales information
- Purchase an aircraft, product, or service
- Sign into the Cirrus Learning portal
- Contact Cirrus Aircraft or one of our authorized sales, training, or maintenance providers
- Reply to our marketing campaigns
How Does Cirrus Aircraft Use Your Personal Information?
Cirrus Aircraft may use your personal information to:
- Personalize and enhance your experiences when you interact with Cirrus Aircraft
- Enable Cirrus Aircraft to provide you with the highest quality experiences, products, and services
- Process and fulfill your purchases
- Maintain and service your aircraft
- Provide you with flight training
- Communicate with you and send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, about our products, services, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Help us learn more about your aircraft, flying, and retail preferences
- Help us manage and improve our websites, events, experiences, products and services.
- Enhance the Cirrus Life and your ownership experience
- Contact you as necessary
We may also share personal information with our authorized sales, flight training, and maintenance providers that provide services to you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these companies are contractually obligated to keep the personal information that we provide to them confidential and to use such information only as we permit. For individuals residing in the EU, it is Cirrus Aircraft UK’s policy to obtain your consent and permission to share your personal information with our authorized sales, flight training, and maintenance providers for the purposes for which the data was initially collected.
In addition, where consistent with the laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdiction, Cirrus Aircraft UK may disclose personal information if such disclosure:
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate, or perform a contract with you;
- is needed to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or otherwise required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- is part of a corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger or divestiture; or
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Cirrus Aircraft’s information technology systems.
Under the GDPR, the use of personal information set forth above is permitted on the basis of the following legal grounds: (1) where you have provided your consent; (2) when necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you; (3) when needed to either comply with our legal obligations or defend any legal claims; (4) when necessary to achieve a legitimate interest, which outweighs any prejudice to your data protection rights; and (5) when necessary protect the vital interests of you or another person.
Retention of Personal Information
Cirrus Aircraft UK will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we obtained the information or where claims are contemplated. Also, please see below regarding a EU resident’s right to erasure under the GDPR.
Rights Regarding Your Personal Information